Effective Marketing is the key to a successful sale in many cases. A poorly worded ad in the local Real Estate newspaper or an Internet ad that doesn’t compliment your home can be devastating the sale of your home. Realtors have made a living off of marketing properties better than anyone else can.
There is more to an effect ad than just cramming as much information into it as possible. Too much information will cause some buyers to rule the property out before they take a look. To little information will cause potential buyers to wonder if there is something wrong with the property. So you really must walk the razor thin line of advertising know-how when creating the most tantalizing ads to market your home.
Here are 10 simple tips for creating the perfect ad.
- Make a list of the features you like most about your home. You know the home better than anyone else and you will know the qualities of the home that appeal to you. These same qualities will likely resonate with potential buyers.
- Avoid anything derogatory in your description of the property. Don’t draw attention to that leaky faucet or a crack in the ceiling. This doesn’t you shouldn’t disclose the fact that the tap is leaking but it shouldn’t be addressed in your ads.
- Practice economy of language. If you cannot describe you home in less than 120 words then it is likely that people will not completely read your ad. This means they may miss a vital piece of information in advertisement that could have singled you home out.
- Focus your language on the key features of your home. Such as the kitchen, bathrooms and living areas.
- Point out unique features like specialized landscaping.
- Use a photo in all advertising. Make sure the photo is clear and balanced.
- Do not leave the car parked in the driveway, leave toys on the floor or have a cluttered kitchen sink in any of your photographs.
- Generally but not always try to use a photo of the exterior front of the home.
- Do not oversell your property. This means that you should not portray you quaint family home in the suburbs as an Arabian Palace.
- Most of all your ads should be engaging and fun.